Information for Family Members
We recognize that having a loved one in the hospital can be a taxing experience in many ways. Below is a list of provided amenities that are aimed at making your time at the hospital a little more comfortable.
Wood County Hospital
- Upon arrival in the Surgery Center, you will receive a handheld pager so you can move about the building while you wait.
- Lockers are available for personal possessions
- When the pager illuminates, take it to our Outpatient Surgery window in the Surgical Services Lobby and you will be escorted to an interview room where you will meet with the surgeon.
- The WCH Coffee Shop is located in the Main Lobby and is open from 6:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. daily. It offers hot and cold beverages as well as soft drinks, fresh-baked pastries and other confections.
- Several computers with Internet access in private study carrels are available for your use in the Inpatient Waiting Room on the second floor.
- Cellular phones may be used anywhere within the hospital. Free high-speed Internet is available via your personal device. The Outpatient Surgery staff will provide you with an access username and password.
- Our roof garden offers an opportunity to appreciate nature. It can be viewed from the second-floor connecting hallway.